Yes, I accept the Liebster Award, thank you!
I’d like to thank Christina from ckyranis.com for nominating me for the Liebster award, and I accept it with gratitude. Christina is a Certified Professional Coach, and specialises in relationship coaching. Why not pay a visit to Christina’s fabulous blog where. by the process of self discovery, she helps people make healthier, more loving and fulfilling relationship choices.
As you all know, I’m quite fond of the blogging awards because it’s a great way of meeting new bloggers, finding out about them and their lives and becoming virtual friends.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post
11 questions for you to answer
- What is your greatest life lesson so far? Understanding that I was not to blame for what happened to me
- What is your favorite pass time? Now — it’s probably blogging and other than that, spending time with our 2 beautiful grandchildren 🙂
- What has been your greatest challenge in the past month? Having to stay indoors in a one bedroom flat with hubby — seeing other people out and about!
- What is your ideal romantic relationship look like? Exactly like the one I have; loving, mutual trust, respect and understanding and being able to laugh with and at each other 🙂
- Share one thing you’ve never shared before about yourself. Me and a pal sold raffle tickets for some fake charity when we were about 9 – one house we visited, the lady recognised my pal as being the window cleaner’s daughter so she told on us! We had to go back round about 5 doors to return the money
- Whats your definition of friendship? Almost the same as romantic one lol
- Which is your best tv series? Does it have to be just the one? I loved Luther, Bosch and Casualty
- Whats your favorite food to eat? Mmmm! I just love food but favourite’s got to be seafood and fish (monkfish), calamari — getting peckish just thinking about it 😉
- Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate — every time!
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Introvert with extrovert traits?? When I’m with my really close friends and family, I’m always the one that makes everyone laugh and play games
- What are you most afraid of? While I know it’s inevitable, the thought of my mum or dad dying! They’re both 78 this year and are relatively fit – I want to spend as much time with them, either in person or in our virtual world via Facetime 🙂
Eleven things about me
- Okay, here goes, I’m young and in my fifties now
- Other than my physical disability and mental illness, in the last ten years, I’ve had no other ailments like coughs, flu or broken bones – yay!
- I have Transverse Myelitis (TM), which is not unlike Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- I have two gorgeously amazing adult sons who have 5 degrees, 2 Masters and 1 PhD between them (proud mummy moment)
- I have a very special partner who always looks out for me and looks after me
- I love travelling and have had some real fun holidays in the States, Cuba, Egypt, Mexico, Portugal, Spain, Gibraltar, France skiing, South of France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia (to name but a few lol) and my favourite of all time, Israel, where I spent a year on a kibbutz
- Prior to becoming physically disabled, I worked as Ward Manager in Mental Health and I loved it — for me, it was the best job ever
- I’ve put on weight since I stopped working — I’m not saying how much tho 😉 suffice to say, I’ve got that muffin top thing going on
- My favourite times are with family and friends, whether it’s at the beach, around a pool or in the garden, eating fantastic food and enjoying lots of wine
- I was born in Scotland, where my mum and dad, my brother and his wife and twin boys, my sister and her hubby together with their five children and partners with lots of little kiddies, all still live – so I visit often 🙂
- My older sister lives in the USA so I’ve been able to visit her in both Houston and Philadelphia
My nominees are
- Carol Anne @ therapybits.com/
- Ayesha @ bloggingfilter.com/
- Heather @ unrulyneurons.com/
- Arisha @ mybookofhonour.wordpress.com/
I hope you’ll all participate and I’m looking forward to reading your answers so we all get to know a bit more about you.
There are so many amazing bloggers out there but I’ve just recently come across the 5 blogs above. I’d appreciate you taking some time to check out their wonderful blogs.
My questions are
- Tell us a bit about your blog and why you started it
- Tell us a bit about you
- What are three things you like about yourself?
- What is the one thing about you that you dislike and why?
- If you could share your last meal with anybody who would it be, alive or dead?
- Where do you live and what’s it famous for?
- When were you last in education and what did you study?
- Who are you in lockdown with?
- What are your thoughts on blogging awards?
- What do you enjoy and not enjoy about the blogging community?
- What’s the weather like where you are?
I look forward to seeing who participates and reading their answers. In the meantime, just letting you know I’ve been unwell — yes, again! So hopefully, I’ve managed to respond to your your much appreciated comments and also to read and comment on your blogs. If not, bear with me, I will get round to it cos I’m on the mend.
I’m wondering which post to complete next? Should I continue with “My psychotic journey” (it’s been a while since my last episode here) or with “Childhood sexual abuse”? Or do something more uplifting peeps. I’d appreciate your input.
49 thoughts on “Yay! I got nominated for the Liebster Award”
Congratulations on your nomination!!! 🙂
Thank you 🙂
Many many congratulations 🤗🎉
Long time …how have you been?
Stay blessed 💙
Hi Anushka, thank you 🙂 And all’s well in London, the sun’s out even if I’m not 😉 I hope you and yours are well too xx
Hhaa😅…this lockdown has made us lazy🙈
Yeah….all is well here…♥️🤗
You take care of yourself 💙
Loads of love to you….
You too my lovely. Really lovely catching up with you again 💙💙💙
Same here Caz❣️🤗
Stay connected 💙
You didn’t ask me, but I’m bored and in a weird mood and posting stuff like this helps distract me from reality. I’m answering in character; it is July 1995.
Tell us a bit about you.
I’m a student at the University of Jeromeville, in the western USA. I’m studying mathematics, because I’ve always been good at it. I’m home for the summer now in a small town called Plumdale. It’s really boring here. I’ve lost touch with most of my friends, and the few who are left I hardly ever see. I’m working a summer job that is really boring.
What are three things you like about yourself?
I’m good at school.
I’m good at directions and knowing my way around and not getting lost.
I’m good at trivia games.
What is the one thing about you that you dislike and why?
I don’t know how to date or meet girls or anything like that.
If you could share your last meal with anybody who would it be, alive or dead?
Alive. Sharing my last meal with a dead person would be weird.
Where do you live and what’s it famous for?
Plumdale isn’t famous for anything. It isn’t famous at all. Very few people outside of this county have heard of it. Jeromeville, where I live during the school year, is famous for the university and for bicycles.
When were you last in education and what did you study?
(I already answered this above)
What’s the weather like where you are?
Plumdale is close to the Pacific Ocean and never gets very hot, even in the summer. Today it was sunny and warm, but windy, and it got cool as soon as the sun went down. Jeromeville was probably hot and dry today. That’s what it was like when I was there a couple weeks ago.
I am answering the rest of your questions as an adult, since it doesn’t make sense to answer those in character.
Tell us a bit about your blog and why you started it
I originally was planning on telling funny stories from my past, set against the backdrop of that unique time period when the Internet was just starting to become mainstream but hadn’t taken over the world yet, and the music was good. But as I started working on it, it seemed more suited to slice of life and coming of age type stories, which are more suited to my writing style. And I have to admit that the TV series The Goldbergs was an inspiration for this too. If Adam Goldberg can turn his past into a sitcom, I can turn mine into a blog.
Who are you in lockdown with?
I live alone…
What are your thoughts on blogging awards?
I’m always afraid to tag people because I’m afraid they’ll get annoyed or mad or something like that.
What do you enjoy and not enjoy about the blogging community?
I enjoy getting to know other bloggers, and I enjoy that one of my friends who is in some of the stories I write about leaves comments sometimes. I don’t enjoy the pressure to market yourself and monetize and all that stuff. I’m not in this for the money.
Hiya, nice to hear from you and I’m delighted that you took part, particularly in character 🙂 I loved your answer Greg, ‘Alive’ hahaha!
Hey, never be afraid to tag anyone – the worst they can do is SHOUT on here lol. But honestly, no one gets upset or mad – it’s a bit of fun and a good way to meet fellow bloggers.
I also blog, mainly as a hobby as it can often fill my day. But my whole reason for starting it was to raise awareness of mental illness and try to end the associated stigma and discrimination. I don’t want to monetize my blog at all and tbh, I think the ads make blogs look kind of messy? Caz
That’s true. Good point. One time I incorporated a blog award into the story, acting like it was one of those chain emails that some people sent to all their friends back in 1995 (and that story also incorporates someone getting mad at me for sending her a chain letter; I don’t think she was actually the one who got mad at me, but from what I remember of her that sounds like the kind of thing she would do) (https://dontletthedaysgoby.home.blog/2019/06/10/january-14-16-1995-i-completely-failed-at-the-internet/), but I was getting tagged often enough that I didn’t want to keep repeating that. I’ve also thought about doing a post every few months where I actually take time to answer all the awards I’d been tagged in recently and share other blogs. It’s interesting to answer in character, though, because sometimes my answers in 1995 would have been different from now. (And, yes, “alive” was intended as a joke)
That would be a great post, answering all the blog award questions – I look forward to reading it 🙂
I love your number one answer…
You are definitely not to blame…
Your holidays sound amazing! I’d love to see pictures…
Love, light and glitter
Aaaaww, nice to catch up with you Sweetheart. Nope, no blame here 😉 Mmmm, that’s an idea, posting holiday pics? You take care xx
Up to you 🙂
Love, light and glitter
You really deserve this nomination 🙂
Thank you Kitty, that’s really sweet 🙂 x
Thanks Michael, how’s things with you? x
All good on this side. Low profile and being vigilant. Wishing you good health and be safe. 🙏
Living on a kibbutz must have been a fascinating experience!
In terms of your next post, I’d say anything goes.
Thanks Ashley. And yes, it was my first best experience before the boys lol. Israel is (of course) full of history and has lots of stunning scenery. We opted to work 6 days away (rather than 5) and at the end of each month the kibbutz leaders took us to other kibbutz for a week, all over Israel so I got to see so much 🙂
I WILL go back lol 😉
Sounds like you’ve experienced more of Israel than I have….
Congrats on getting nominated!!
Thank you Meg 🙂 x
Thank you x
Nice to learn more about you 🙂 I would love to read more about your journey next.
Thank you and okay 🙂 x
Congratulations on the award, your answers were so fun to read. I visited Israel once and had a really good time, it’s a beautiful country. I likes your answer about friendship the most I think! 🙂
Thanks Kacha. I’m glad you loved Israel too x
You are going to have a very successful blog Caz
Your attitude and devotion speak volumes xx
Aaaww, thank you 🙂 x
Well done my friend 🙏👍🙏
Aaww, thank you Craig 🙂
Congratulations on the well deserved award and I would pick chocolate over vanilla too!
Thanks Pooja, lol x
Congratulations! I definitely think it’s possible to be an introvert with extrovert traits. My Myers-Briggs test and I agree I’m an introvert, as I process internally and need occasional time alone to recharge, but I can be quite the joker. I also know someone who I consider an extrovert because she processes verbally and gets energized by social time, yet she’s very shy and calls herself an introvert! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yep, it works both ways – and I’m happy with that. However, most people that know me, mainly thro’ work would say they can’t believe I’m an introvert lol. I think I just learnt to cover up my shyness lol. Yay, I love that little emoticon!
A pleasure my friend 🙏👌🙏
Woooop, congrats! ♥ I’m glad you’ve got that kind of love where you can laugh with & at each other, that’s one of the best bits. It’s interesting that you loved the Bosch series. I enjoyed Connelly’s Bosch books but could only manage one episode of the series, just couldn’t get into it and the lead didn’t reflect the imagine of Bosch in my mind at all.. then again, I see Bosch as Connelly, and the two look totally different!
Thank you 🙂 I suppose, cos I hadn’t read the book, it was easier for me to get into the tv series. I like the guy playing the lead “Titus something or other – poor guy! Caz x
Thank you x