The Real Neat Blog Award is very much appreciated
I would like to thank Mio @ Mentally Ill in America for nominating me for The Real Neat Blog Award! I very much appreciate his nomination! Mio blogs about mental health from his own unique and personal perspective. He kindly wrote a guest post for my blog here about living with schizoaffective disorder. I’m sure you’ll find it interesting and inspiring.
The primary goal of his blog is to show others how severe conditions such as schizoaffective disorder (depressive type) affect someone who tries, and is high-functioning. Do pop on over to see his eclectic mix; including music, poetry, puns, quotes and resources, and much more.
The rules for The Real Neat Blog Awards are simple:
- Accept the nomination and thank the person who nominated you, leaving a link to their blog.
- Answer the 10 questions
- Nominate your chosen bloggers and send them a link to let them know they’ve been nominated.
- Ask your nominees to participate by answering the same questions.
As part of being chosen for this award, I needed to answer 10 questions and nominate up to 10 people that I feel deserve the award as well. So here are my answers. The questions my nominees will need to answer are the same ones that I answered.
- What is your favourite colour? That would depend on my mood and what I was doing i.e. painting and decorating my home, my colour pallette would would be neutrals. But if pushed, I love the colour blue. Oh no — yellow is really my favourite colour.
- Who would you say you admire the most? My hubby for putting up with me 😉 And otherwise, it would be my sons. I admire the way they look after their girlfriend and wife, their take on life — and I could go on. Proud mummy moment 😉
- If you could describe yourself as a colour, what would it be and why? I’d say yellow ‘cos it’s bright, warm and sunny.
- Where is your favourite place on earth and what makes it so special? I’d have to say London. I’ve lived here for almost forty years, more time than I’ve ever spent anywhere else. When the sun’s out, you can’t beat London. It’s full of history, lots of green parks with lakes and boats, the River Thames and the surrounding areas. It’s just beautiful.
- What is your favourite food and why? I love all Indian and Spanish food. My ex in-laws were Indian and Spanish and the aroma wafted down the street on our way to visit them. I also learned how to cook their food with them and my sons loved walking past the kitchen window on the way home from school and the’d know mama’s cooked albondigas (Spanish meatballs) or curry, rice and pooris (Indian fried breads).
- What is your favourite book of all time? That would have to be Exodus (which I can’t find anywhere now). I was living in Israel on a kibbutz for a year when I was younger and the massive book kept me entertained for months. It was all about Israel, how it came about, the Kibbutz and the Moshav, which are two forms of Jewish settlements. The Kibbutz is a unique, worker-controlled, agricultural production cooperative. The Moshav is a service cooperative in which the members are the individual farmers who reside within the settlement. I’d read it again, if I ever found it.
- Why do you enjoy writing and blogging? I started my blog almost six months ago, with the aim of Shouting Out about Mental Illness. I wanted to raise awareness and Stamp out Stigma by sharing both personal and professional experiences of mental illness. I’m a passionate and determined advocate of good mental health and I’d love to see change in the way people view mental illness. I’d love for you to join me on my quest.
- What type of music do you enjoy? I enjoy an eclectic mix from country to opera, the Three Tenors to Tom Jones, and I loved big ballads.
- What are your favourite hobbies (besides writing) and why do you like them? Oooh, I suppose it’s traveling and I can’t wait for this lockdown to be over. Straight to Spain to see good friends and Cyprus with the family, then who knows? Anyone got a spare room lol.
- What is your favourite song and singer/band? Wow, that’s a tough one and not sure I could say just one but, and don’t laugh, it’s Tom Jones! I love Elton John, Elvis, Engelbert 😉 Joe Cocker, Van Morrison………., and the reason is cos they can actually sing their way through a whole concert.
I’m only nominating five bloggers this time round, as I’ve got two more Awards to respond to. I’ll be able to nominate more bloggers when I complete these 🙂
- Charli @ Life with Charli
- Anshika @ Dream it until it comes true
- Niki @ Morgueticies mental health mausoleum
- Nathan @ My brain’s not broken
- Stephen @ Therapy Glasgow
Thank you for participating in The Real Neat Blog Award! I look forward to reading each of your answers and getting to know you all a bit better. In the meantime, I look forward to any comments — about my dodgy taste in music, perhaps?
53 thoughts on “The Real Neat Blog Award”
I can see you as a yellow person! You should research yellow auras and read about the characteristics you possess!! What fun!!
Ooh interesting – off to check it out 😉 x
Congratulations on the award, I loved reading your answers 😊
Thank you and Congratulations Kaz!
Yellow is one of my favorite colors too. When I used to eat meat (a long long time ago) I did eat a lot of albongidas and made them myself. Now I enjoy papas 😀
Yummy Spanish food 🙂 What’s papas? x
Papas bravas, the potatoes with a spicy tomato sauce and garlic sauce. It’s (almost) vegan so I always eat a lot of it when in Spain.
I would eat a whole plate right now!!
Ah Patata Bravas lol – Yes I love it too 😉 x
Well done Caz, and many thanks for your nomination.
Most welcome 🙂
By how are you doing?? Kids??
Thank you my little lovely. All’s good and the sun’s shine which is odd for London at this time of year. The little ones are great even if they are exhausting lol. How’s you and your mum? Is she still working? x
I have never been to London. It’s one of the few places I have always wanted to go!!
Glad to know they are doing gud!
And yeah, my family and I are doing great… My mom have to go to work every single day.. the working time have increased!!
But she was never bothered by that☺️
Thanks for asking!!
Have a great day ahead and happy BLoGgiNg!!
You’d love London and maybe one day I get to show you 😉 x
Aww thank you so much!!
I will visit London one day… Soon!!
And we sure can meet one day.. and I will meet your lovely kids too!!
Would love to get to that day soon!
Keep saving the pennies 😉 x
Yeah I will
Congrats to you! Have you heard the song Yellow by Coldplay?
Thank you. And yes, Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah they were all yellow. I love it 🙂 x
You really deserve this!
Thank you Kitty x
You’re welcome 😇
Loved your answers..!!
How you doing?
Thank you and all good Anushka. You? What’s new? x
Yes ..I am good too.
Nothing new yarr..
You take care..!!
You too xx
I am good Caz ❤️
You take care of yourself…
Okay, you too xx
Thank you x
Congratulations on your award.
Thank you my lovely x
You are welcome
Congrats on the well-deserved award! I think you do a fab job of giving a shout out about mental health and helping to increase awareness in the fight against ignorance & stigma, you should be really proud. I love that you’re chuffed with your sons for how they treat their other halves, that’s so sweet. And my mum’s got a soft spot for Tom Jones too!
Lol. I loved watching Tom Jones and listening to him singing on The Voice UK. And thank you for your sweet comments words Vee, brightened up my evening 😉
Congratulations and be safe.
Thank you 🙂 x
Congratulations! Ah, London is actually on my list of places I’d like to visit if I were to travel. Of course, I’d probably prefer it during the rain with my personality! 😅
Lol, where are you based? x
Crikey, I’m way off! I was thinking more Wales in the UK lol x
Really? Well, Ceridwen is a name from Welsh mythology! 😄 And I would love to visit Wales someday. There are so many locations connected to Arthurian tales!
I thought it sounded like a Welsh name 😉 I hope you get there some day, once you’ve been to see us in sunny London tho’, Caz x
Congratulations on the well deserved award! I really like the colour yellow as well- I feel like it has a really great energy.
Thanks Pooja. Yep, I think yellow suits you 🙂 x
Thank you 🙂
well done and happy blogging