Yes, I accept the Liebster Award, thank you!
I’d like to thank Christina from ckyranis.com for nominating me for the Liebster award, and I accept it with gratitude. Christina is a Certified Professional Coach, and specialises in relationship coaching. Why not pay a visit to Christina’s fabulous blog where. by the process of self discovery, she helps people make healthier, more loving and fulfilling relationship choices.
As you all know, I’m quite fond of the blogging awards because it’s a great way of meeting new bloggers, finding out about them and their lives and becoming virtual friends.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post
11 questions for you to answer
- What is your greatest life lesson so far? Understanding that I was not to blame for what happened to me
- What is your favorite pass time? Now — it’s probably blogging and other than that, spending time with our 2 beautiful grandchildren 🙂
- What has been your greatest challenge in the past month? Having to stay indoors in a one bedroom flat with hubby — seeing other people out and about!
- What is your ideal romantic relationship look like? Exactly like the one I have; loving, mutual trust, respect and understanding and being able to laugh with and at each other 🙂
- Share one thing you’ve never shared before about yourself. Me and a pal sold raffle tickets for some fake charity when we were about 9 – one house we visited, the lady recognised my pal as being the window cleaner’s daughter so she told on us! We had to go back round about 5 doors to return the money
- Whats your definition of friendship? Almost the same as romantic one lol
- Which is your best tv series? Does it have to be just the one? I loved Luther, Bosch and Casualty
- Whats your favorite food to eat? Mmmm! I just love food but favourite’s got to be seafood and fish (monkfish), calamari — getting peckish just thinking about it 😉
- Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate — every time!
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Introvert with extrovert traits?? When I’m with my really close friends and family, I’m always the one that makes everyone laugh and play games
- What are you most afraid of? While I know it’s inevitable, the thought of my mum or dad dying! They’re both 78 this year and are relatively fit – I want to spend as much time with them, either in person or in our virtual world via Facetime 🙂
Eleven things about me
- Okay, here goes, I’m young and in my fifties now
- Other than my physical disability and mental illness, in the last ten years, I’ve had no other ailments like coughs, flu or broken bones – yay!
- I have Transverse Myelitis (TM), which is not unlike Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- I have two gorgeously amazing adult sons who have 5 degrees, 2 Masters and 1 PhD between them (proud mummy moment)
- I have a very special partner who always looks out for me and looks after me
- I love travelling and have had some real fun holidays in the States, Cuba, Egypt, Mexico, Portugal, Spain, Gibraltar, France skiing, South of France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia (to name but a few lol) and my favourite of all time, Israel, where I spent a year on a kibbutz
- Prior to becoming physically disabled, I worked as Ward Manager in Mental Health and I loved it — for me, it was the best job ever
- I’ve put on weight since I stopped working — I’m not saying how much tho 😉 suffice to say, I’ve got that muffin top thing going on
- My favourite times are with family and friends, whether it’s at the beach, around a pool or in the garden, eating fantastic food and enjoying lots of wine
- I was born in Scotland, where my mum and dad, my brother and his wife and twin boys, my sister and her hubby together with their five children and partners with lots of little kiddies, all still live – so I visit often 🙂
- My older sister lives in the USA so I’ve been able to visit her in both Houston and Philadelphia
My nominees are
- Carol Anne @ therapybits.com/
- Ayesha @ bloggingfilter.com/
- Heather @ unrulyneurons.com/
- Arisha @ mybookofhonour.wordpress.com/
I hope you’ll all participate and I’m looking forward to reading your answers so we all get to know a bit more about you.
There are so many amazing bloggers out there but I’ve just recently come across the 5 blogs above. I’d appreciate you taking some time to check out their wonderful blogs.
My questions are
- Tell us a bit about your blog and why you started it
- Tell us a bit about you
- What are three things you like about yourself?
- What is the one thing about you that you dislike and why?
- If you could share your last meal with anybody who would it be, alive or dead?
- Where do you live and what’s it famous for?
- When were you last in education and what did you study?
- Who are you in lockdown with?
- What are your thoughts on blogging awards?
- What do you enjoy and not enjoy about the blogging community?
- What’s the weather like where you are?
I look forward to seeing who participates and reading their answers. In the meantime, just letting you know I’ve been unwell — yes, again! So hopefully, I’ve managed to respond to your your much appreciated comments and also to read and comment on your blogs. If not, bear with me, I will get round to it cos I’m on the mend.
I’m wondering which post to complete next? Should I continue with “My psychotic journey” (it’s been a while since my last episode here) or with “Childhood sexual abuse”? Or do something more uplifting peeps. I’d appreciate your input.