I’m delighted to be nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award
A humongous thank you to Nala at Dissociate that for nominating me for The Real Neat Blog Award. As everyone knows, I love and massively appreciate the blog awards. Not only do they brighten up my days, but I get to introduce some of my favourite new blogs to the blogging community. There’s plenty of room for us all, and it never ceases to amaze me how many exciting new blogs appear each week.
In her blog Dissociate that, Nala writes her eye opening story about the nightmare that was her life. She shows great courage and spirit for digging herself out of what would become a black hole. Her humility comes across in her writing, which is is open, honest and humbling. Nala’s fairly new to the blogging community but she’s certainly not without talent, so you might like to drop by to see for yourself.
Rules of the Real Neat Blog Award
- Display the award logo
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog
- Answer the questions of the one who nominated you
- Nominate some bloggers
- Ask them seven questions
Nala’s seven questions
- What Country would you like to visit and why ? India is definitely on my list as we have a huge Indian family on my sons’ side, I’ve never been and of course, I just adore the vast array of Indian food
- What was the last book/film that captivated you and why? I watched a film last night called Hacksaw Ridge and didn’t fall asleep — my usual trick. It was based on a true story about Desmond Doss, a real-life war hero who became the first man in US history to receive the Medal of Honor without firing a shot. Desmond volunteers to serve his country with the caveat that, due to his personal and religious beliefs, he refuses to touch a gun. I admire the man for sticking to his beliefs.
- Who made you the best Dinner ever, and What was it? It’s always Christmas dinner because my sons join in (well, take over), making their gravy, homemade cranberry sauce and stuffing —and it’s always amazing.
- Did you ever have a Dream come true and was it anything like you imagined it to be? Not sure if it was a dream but I always wanted two boys and that’s what I got. They were a dream to bring up and I love the way they turned out.
- Why did you start your blog? I suppose like most people, I have a story and a mission. I’m not sure it will happen in my lifetime, but I’d love to see the stigma and discrimination around mental illness stamped out.
- If you could take one thing/occurrence out Of the history of Mankind what would it be? Why? War — because it’s needless and senseless. Our governments decide to send our young men out to kill others at will — would they be so keen to put their own kids in the firing line?
- Did the current situation around the Pandemic have any positive side effect on your Life? Can you give an example? Yes as I got to spend weeks on end at my grandchildren’s home, despite my physical disability, my mental state and fatigue — they were an absolute tonic.
- Winter dragon flies
- Mia at https://miawinhertt.wordpress.com/
- Sadje at https://lifeafter50forwomen.com/
Over to you
To my nominees, I hope you’ll all participate and I’m really looking forward to reading your answers to the same questions Nala gave me. Anyone else want to join in the fun? Feel free.
For everyone, I love that question “If you could rid the world of one thing, what would it be, and why?” Come on, humour me. As always, I look forward to any comments or questions.