I’ve been nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award – whoop whoop!
If you’re not already familiar with her blog, fairy tales, and mythology galore, pop on over there now. Ceridwen loves all things spiritual, astronomy, palaeontology, and anything paranormal — just don’t mention UFOs.
rules guidelines for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
Questions from Ceridwen:
- Are you more of a morning person or an evening person? Hhhmmm, due to my mental and physical disabilities, it’s difficult to say as my sleep pattern isn’t normal. I can wake in the dark and I don’t know if it’s dusk or dawn outside and I get so confused. But if I have to choose, I do love evenings, particularly in the summertime.
- What genres do you like to read or watch? Nonfiction subjects count as genres! I read lots of novels and some biographies but I couldn’t even remember one to talk about – I have a terrible memory for things like this. I love thrillers, any medical/hospital stuff, and crime dramas.
- What spices do you like? Oooh, fresh chilies to start with then smoked paprika and most Indian spices. I love to cook with lots of spices and herbs.
- What kind of food makes you feel at home? Because my family is hugely multicultural, I’m used to eating and cooking foods from around the world, which makes it difficult to choose. I think Mediterranean food is my favourite and a fresh pasta dish or paella and a summer salad make me feel really at home.
- What do you enjoy about blogging? It’s brought me a whole new lease of life. I felt angry and lost following medical retirement when I contracted Transverse Myelitis at the age of 50. I felt I had nothing to offer or give back to the community until I started blogging last year. Now I feel useful again and I might be helping someone else who’s struggling with mental illness or any other difficult life events.
- What places do you feel most at ease? Ah, easy! When I’m with my family, whether it’s on holiday, at home, in the park. I just love been surrounded by family and good friends.
- If expenses were no object, would you want to live in the same place all your life or move often? I’d probably like to have a permanent home in one place; somewhere to come to after all my travels.
- What games do you like to play? I’m guessing you’re talking about computer games, which are not really my thing. I still prefer the good old fashioned board games like scrabble or playing games like Buckaroo with our grandchildren.
- What is a healthy habit you have? Erm! Probably not many 😉 However, despite my love of all things chocolate, I do eat a healthy, mainly vegetarian diet. I also practice mindfulness and do breathing exercises which help maintain my mental health and keep panic attacks at bay (most of the time).
- What helps you navigate? Hmmm. Trusting in myself and the decisions I make helps me navigate this thing called life.
- What do you think of clouds? I don’t so much think of them, I just love the way they look, even in the stormiest of weather. However, I really do prefer a cloudless sky.
My questions for you:
My questions are the same as Ceridwen’s, above. I hope you’ll participate and look forward to reading your answers.
We have lots of great bloggers out there, and so many to pick from. So I’d like to nominate the following blogs and hope you want to drop by to find out why I love them.
I hope you’ll all participate as it’s a great fun way of finding out a little bit more about our fellow bloggers.
Over to you
I wrote that my healthy habit is eating a nutritious, balanced diet and I’d be interested to know what your healthy habits are? I love reading your comments, and I’m happy to answer any questions and receive any constructive criticism about my posts or my blog in general.