I’ve been nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award – whoop whoop!
Yay! Ceridwen from Illuminating the fool’s mirror nominated me for a Sunshine Blogger Award! So thank you, thank you, thank you. I’m thrilled to receive Ceridwen’s nomination.
If you’re not already familiar with her blog, fairy tales, and mythology galore, pop on over there now. Ceridwen loves all things spiritual, astronomy, palaeontology, and anything paranormal — just don’t mention UFOs.
“The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer-recognition award, where bloggers can nominate other bloggers who are super creative, inspire them to grow, and bring positivity to the blogging community.”Don’t know
rules guidelines for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
Questions from Ceridwen:
- Are you more of a morning person or an evening person? Hhhmmm, due to my mental and physical disabilities, it’s difficult to say as my sleep pattern isn’t normal. I can wake in the dark and I don’t know if it’s dusk or dawn outside and I get so confused. But if I have to choose, I do love evenings, particularly in the summertime.
- What genres do you like to read or watch? Nonfiction subjects count as genres! I read lots of novels and some biographies but I couldn’t even remember one to talk about – I have a terrible memory for things like this. I love thrillers, any medical/hospital stuff, and crime dramas.
- What spices do you like? Oooh, fresh chilies to start with then smoked paprika and most Indian spices. I love to cook with lots of spices and herbs.
- What kind of food makes you feel at home? Because my family is hugely multicultural, I’m used to eating and cooking foods from around the world, which makes it difficult to choose. I think Mediterranean food is my favourite and a fresh pasta dish or paella and a summer salad make me feel really at home.
- What do you enjoy about blogging? It’s brought me a whole new lease of life. I felt angry and lost following medical retirement when I contracted Transverse Myelitis at the age of 50. I felt I had nothing to offer or give back to the community until I started blogging last year. Now I feel useful again and I might be helping someone else who’s struggling with mental illness or any other difficult life events.
- What places do you feel most at ease? Ah, easy! When I’m with my family, whether it’s on holiday, at home, in the park. I just love been surrounded by family and good friends.
- If expenses were no object, would you want to live in the same place all your life or move often? I’d probably like to have a permanent home in one place; somewhere to come to after all my travels.
- What games do you like to play? I’m guessing you’re talking about computer games, which are not really my thing. I still prefer the good old fashioned board games like scrabble or playing games like Buckaroo with our grandchildren.
- What is a healthy habit you have? Erm! Probably not many 😉 However, despite my love of all things chocolate, I do eat a healthy, mainly vegetarian diet. I also practice mindfulness and do breathing exercises which help maintain my mental health and keep panic attacks at bay (most of the time).
- What helps you navigate? Hmmm. Trusting in myself and the decisions I make helps me navigate this thing called life.
- What do you think of clouds? I don’t so much think of them, I just love the way they look, even in the stormiest of weather. However, I really do prefer a cloudless sky.
My questions for you:
My questions are the same as Ceridwen’s, above. I hope you’ll participate and look forward to reading your answers.
We have lots of great bloggers out there, and so many to pick from. So I’d like to nominate the following blogs and hope you want to drop by to find out why I love them.
The 3H: health,happiness,healing
I hope you’ll all participate as it’s a great fun way of finding out a little bit more about our fellow bloggers.
Over to you
I wrote that my healthy habit is eating a nutritious, balanced diet and I’d be interested to know what your healthy habits are? I love reading your comments, and I’m happy to answer any questions and receive any constructive criticism about my posts or my blog in general.
38 thoughts on “Nominated for Sunshine Blogger Award”
Thank you 🙂
I’m not surprised you were nominated, I think your blog has something for everyone.
Aawww, thank you Anna, I really appreciate your kind words. Caz x
Hope you are doing ok x
Hiya Anna, had to take a break from stuff for a while, but things are looking up 🙂
Hope all’s good with you and yours 🙂 x
Thank you 🙂
Thank you 🙂
Thank you my friend x
Follow my blog please
Oooh, tell me what your blog is about first please 😉
😂🙏News music of Nice Artistas
Thank you Kim 🦋
I am Beginner
Plase can follow my blog?
Okay, please tell what your blog is about 😉
News of music
Thank you x
I let Jenna Farmer know you applied to join Chronic Illness Bloggers. You should should hear shortly. She runs a large group, has several blogs, two Facebook ages and is very busy but she’ll get back soon. She is very nice. She’s a Aussie!
Brilliant and thank you. I look forward to hearing from her. She sounds like a very busy lady 🙂
Congratulations dear. 😊
Thank you 🙂
Most welcome! 🤗
Congratulations on the award. Was it deserved? Yes! Yes! Yes! – Enjoy
That’s really lovely Daniel, and thank you.
Congrats, Caz! I’m the same with books or things I’ve watched – I can really enjoy something but can’t for the life of me remember what it was 😂 And it’s so nice to read about how you’ve found the blogging world after TM and all the changes in your life after work. It really can be a whole new chapter for us, with new achievements and a supportive community. You should be really proud of everything you achieve with your blog.
Aaawww, thank you Caz, I really appreciate your kind words. I’m glad it’s not just me that suffers with these memory lapses lol.
Yes, having a chronic illness sucks – I was always so fit and healthy, running from ward to ward when on Duty Senior Nurse shifts. I loved my job and it was such a shock to be so unwell, I couldn’t return. It is a whole new chapter and the blogging world has really helped. I’d be lost without it now 🙂
So many great answers! Scrabble is a great game. I’m not familiar with Buckaroo, though. Is it a board game?
Lol. Buckaroo is a plastic horse with movable head, legs and tails. You have to hang all the accompaniments somewhere on the horse without making it “Buck” . My little niece used to scream at the horse saying “you cheat, you cheated me!”
Oh, that game! I guess I knew it by a different name. Aw, your niece is so cute! 😂
Congratulation on your award nomination. Have an awesome day.
Aaawww, thank you Tangie and you have a great day too 🙂
Congratulations! Very well-deserved!