Wow! How lovely. Debby over at Debby SEO nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award and I love it — thank you Debby.
Debby SEO offer budget search engine optimization services and free SEO tools so you can increase your organic rankings. They say “We are the Unicorn among a sea of donkey SEOs.” They’ve been providing resources for actionable SEO and content marketing since 1998. So if you’re in need of SEO expertise help, why don’t you pop on over for a chat.
Here are the rules:
- Put the award logo / image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and put a link to their blog – Carol at https://mentalhealth360.uk/
- Mention the creator of the award
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer the questions provided by whoever nominated you
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice with 1 weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post
This award was created by Okoto Enigma
Three things about me
- I was a Human Resource Manager for many years prior to having a lengthy psychotic depression. During my recovery I first trained in massage then studied full-time to become a mental health nurse, followed by further studies because I always felt like I didn’t know enough. However, I went on to have a successful and very rewarding career in mental health nursing before becoming a Ward Manager which, to me, was the best job in the world. Never a dull moment and very humbling, working with some amazing patients and fantastic colleagues.
- I was a single parent to two amazing grown up sons who also loved to study and are both doing well in their medical careers. Proud mummy moment 🙂
- In 2011, I was struck down with a rare neurological disorder (Transverse Myelitis), which meant medical retirement from the job I loved. Of course, I’m mad at having the disorder, along with mental ill health but hey, what can you do? As my sons say “Mama, life – is – life!
You can read more here, if you wish. And if you want to know more about my blog and why I started it, you can read it here.
Now we turn to the questions set by Debby
1) Have you ever smiled at a stranger and then wished you hadn’t? Why or why not? Oh, I’ve smiled massively at many a stranger, believing I knew them — then realising I didn’t — they must have thought “Who is that mad woman, grinning at me like a Cheshire cat?”
2) What is your favorite SEO plugin for WordPress? Do you fully understand SEO’s and their functions or benefits? My plan doesn’t allow for plugins 🙁 And nope, I don’t understand fully SEO’s and their functions or benefits.
3) If you could shop for free at any store, which store would you choose and why? It would have to be Selfridges for me because they sell almost anything and everything I need or want — from the franchises that sell clothes to the furniture department. I could shop there all day!
4) If you could make one thing illegal, what would it be? Walking on the wrong side. Aaarrgghhhhh! In the UK, we always used to keep to the left but now, particularly in London, people just bombard you on the stairs down in the tube stations. What happened to good old fashioned manners and stick to walking on the left? It’s not difficult!
5) Have you ever had SEO work done, and if so were you happy with the results? If you did the work yourself how did you do? Nope, never. I wouldn’t know where to start.
Okay, now for my questions
- Have you or anyone you know experienced psychosis? If so, would you tell us a little bit about it please? If not, what is your understanding of psychosis?
- What do you think you would do if you suddenly started to hear voices that no one else hears or see things that no one else can see?
- What would you say or do if your best friend told you he/she felt suicidal?
- Is there anything you need/want to know about mental illness or recovery?
- What would you do if you thought you’d never get caught?
My nominations for the Mystery Blogger Award
- Greg Dennison at Don’t Let The Days Go By
- Ann Hedonia at Heavy Mental
- Lily at Better Than Yesterday
- Casey at This Bipolar Brat
- Willow at Back again
My best post to date
My journey through psychotic depression, which is part of a series and you can read Part IV here.
Thanks again for reading this post ’til the end, I love you guys, if you are reading this and haven’t subscribed yet make sure to press the “follow”. This way you don’t miss out on new posts. In the meantime, I’m happy to read any comments and answer your questions.
Note: Is anyone else having problems with WordPress lately? I’m unable to ‘like’ or comment on lots of blogs.
Best wishes and stay safe,
33 thoughts on “MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD”
I know what you mean about walking on the wrong side. Come on people, be civilized!
Yeah, here in America, we keep to the right, so I think there’s a cultural divide whenever people from both countries get together! Picture it: I was laid over at the UK airport. Oh my freaking goodness. I thought I was going to be stampeded by pedestrians. I’ve never been so scared in my life! Whoa!! That’s never happened to me in America before!! It was really scary!! 😮 Oh my goodness!!
Lol, you poor thing. Stampeded at one of our airports 🙂 And you’re right – culturally, everyone walks different sides and as London is so mixed, that’s why we get people just walking into each other 😉 Drives me nuts!
congratulations! thats great!!
Thank you Christina 🙂
We walk on the right but now we walk with social distancing which is way more fun! People are way more attentive as they try to figure out how and when to cross each other with the appropriate distance, I love it!
Also I don’t have any problems with liking or commenting 🙂
I’ve been having problems and every time I try to leave a comment, I have to log in again then I lose my comment and have to start again. Also, I’m not able to see my draft posts – it says “No posts” aarrgghhh! This has been all week.
WP can be weird like that. Mine post sometimes pictures of my post. It gives it a title (a long number) and there it is. Just the picture from a post without the post itself.
I don’t know if others can see it or not but it pops up, out of nowhere. 🙄
I’ve never used draft post so I don’t know if that works or not.
Ah, so different people have different problems. Perhaps I’ll contact WP or use the forums to see if anyone’s having the same issues.
That can be helpful. I once tweeted at WP and they were very helpful and really quickly in their response.
I’ll try it.
Lol, that must be funny. Normally, I stick to walking on the left and never look at the person who’s coming towards me or give them any eye contact – they then have to move to the other side – not me 😉
Thank you x
Thanks for answering all the questions it is great to get know you a bit better! Hope you have a cheerful day 😉
Thank you for the nomination!
You’re most welcome Casey and I really hope you’ll participate — it’s such a great way of learning more about our fellow bloggers. I look forward to reading your response. Caz x
How are you people doing? I hope, all my blogger friends are doing fine and helping out the people in need.
Sorry for not responding sooner – I’m having massive problems with my blog as in I’m not able to like or comment on other blogs! I’m having to sign in again and again every time I touch something!
We’re now in lockdown in the UK 🙁 which is awful but now, I can try to fix the problems with my blog 🙁
Congratulations! I know what you mean about smiling at people–the ah-hello-friend smile!–and then realizing it’s someone you don’t know at all. It is embarrassing, but at least you’re spreading smiles around! 😊
You’re right – the smile is always shared. It’s even worse tho’ when you’re grinning and waving at them and going “Hi ……..” and realising it’s not who you think it is.
Congrats on the well-deserved award! Since being told that some places have a ‘keep right’ policy, I got really confused. Seems more logical to say keep left everywhere (UK) then you always know where to go. Not that a lot of people care because as you say, it’s easier to knock everyone down like bowling pins so you can get where you need to go (grrr!) Stay safe and well lovely xx
Thank you my lovely. Bowling pins — love it 😉
Thank you. x
I love your humour! Most people I see walk on the correct side but then I haven’t been to London recently…
Love, light, and glitter
Thank you Eliza. Next time you’re in London, let me know 🙂 Caz x
Thank you 🙂